Saturday, June 28, 2008

All smiles

A rare photo op for Jeff & I....Usually when we are dressed up & looking great we miss out on getting our picture taken. Here is a rare moment of the two of us looking our best as we celebrated with Nicole & Ron on their wedding day.


P.S. It was also my dad's birthday on June 28th. He would have been 62. Of course, I will never forget days like that. While I thought of him throughout the day, I was glad we were celebrating a happy occasion on his special day.
Let me just share with you that it was not rare for special occasions to occur on my father's birthday and for his birthday to last for days, or so it seemed. There was always something - a wedding, anniversary, the July long weekend, which meant company at the cottage. You name it and it would happen on my father's bday. My mom always got a little jealous(?) when it came to his birthday because of the "fuss" that always seemed to surround it. Hers, she liked to think, came & went with much ado about nothing. It just happened like that, it was never planned that way. I know for a fact she had some good birthdays too. Happy day, Dad.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: