On my last update I told you that I was put on bedrest and had to see the Dr again, at the hospital, on monday. Well, we went for our appointment Monday morning and things still looked a little bleak. They hooked me up to the fetal monitor to see how the baby is doing. As well I had to click a button every time I felt the baby move. For the next 45 minutes I lay listening to the baby's heartbeat, which after awhile sounded like horses galloping, and recording every movement. I could also see the baby's heartrate go up and down. Every time Bumpkin moved the heartrate would go up, which is a good thing, it is reassuring if it goes up after moving. It was amazing how much it went up. If fluctuated from 135-175. As neat as all of this may sound, it was a little nerve wracking. Then it was my turn. After relaxing for 45 minutes, the nurse took my blood pressure. It was still up 126/94. Anything over 90 is not good. So, when the Dr came in to see me he said I was still on bedrest and i would be monitored closely over the next few weeks. He also indicated that i would probably not go to term due to my blood pressure - they would probably take the baby sooner. If, of course, my bloood pressure remained high. He said he wanted to see me again on Wednesday in his office. So home I went to put my feet up.
Wednesday morning, after very little sleep the night before, off to the Dr. I went. The nurse took my blood pressure and she said it looked good, it was down. She did it again to be sure and sure enough it was, 122/84. Horray!!! While the Dr. was glad to see it down, he still wants me to take it easy and see me again next week. For now, I am good again! Yeah me!!
Until next week..... I have added a few pictures & events that we have been to recently that i haven't had a chance to post yet. Check it out below.....
No comments:
Post a Comment