My name is Heather Broadbridge-Longtin. I created this blog when I first became engaged. My life has changed in so many ways since then I am a wife, a mother but no longer a daughter. All of these things have shaped me into who I am. I am about to embark on yet another challenge or name to add to the list - business woman. It's a small step toward my ultimate goal of "what do I want to be when I gorw up".
Friday, August 01, 2008
Let's Bake a Cake, Auntie Heather
Marlene, Gee-Gee and the boys came for a visit in july for a few days to help me out around the house since I was on bedrest. My not so little man, anymore, woke up Sunday morning and wanted to bake a cake "for my mom". Auntie Heather was more than happy to bake a cake with him. It was supposed to be a surprise or so he said until his mom came downstairs and he said "guess what mom, we're baking you a cake". Opps! He's still needs to work on his "element of surprise." After we baked the cake we then had to ice it but first we had to go to the grocery store to get icing. Tip: If you have a boxed cake on hand be sure to have icing on hand also. This will eliminate the insesant need for any child to continually ask are we going to the grocery store for icing? Repeatedly- until you actually go. And then be sure that once you have the said icing that as soon as you walk through the door you can drop everything and ice the cake because there is no time like the present for a 4 year old than to ice the cake immediately. Of course, only if you are the mother would you make the child wait until after dinner for a piece of cake he waited all day to have.

No comments:
Post a Comment